Main Venue – Drax Social Club
The Club Is situated between Goole and Selby and hosts a large number of diversified events the whole year through. It contains an excellent large hall ideal for dancing and a smaller room that could be used for music or small in numbers dance workshops It also has:
- Ease of access via the motorway system and public transport
- An excellent spacious level campsite with all facilities including water, showers, elsan emptying and 24 hours flush toilet access
- Excellent food at all reasonable times at sensible prices
- A bar with real ales, again at reasonable prices
- Lots of unrestricted parking
- Plenty of good quality accommodation within a short drive of the venue
- A semi rural position
- See www.draxsandsclub.co.uk for more details
View Larger Map
The local village hall is a 10-15 minute walk with good parking.
It is of a good size and ideal for dancing.
There is also a kitchen, which could be used if the need arose, although with sensible timings the facilities at the main venue would be preferable other than for tea or coffee breaks between workshops.